Sunday, March 13, 2011

Out Of My Head

Ever since I announced my weight, I've felt very free. It's out of my head now, and I'm not thinking about it as much. Let other people think about it. Now I'm thinking about changing it instead.  Though my blog has only 9 official followers so far, way more than 9 people have approached me since last week to comment on my weight announcement.

"How's your public accountability going? I want to lose weight, too."
"My husband asked me if I weigh more or less than you." (that one made me giggle)
"It was brave of you to put your weight out there."

Well, to all who have said something: Thank you! I feel like I'm opening up the conversation about weight loss and showing that your personal struggle can have group support, even if you don't attend Weight Watchers meetings or Food Addicts support groups.

Brussel Sprouts and Zucchini
My sister Francine made me taste a brussel sprout last year. I was dubious. Hesitantly, I stabbed one with a fork and took a bite and was pleased to discover it was delicious! A little ground black pepper and cayenne and pop them in the oven until they're soft enough to eat. And the other day she showed me that there's more to snacking on zucchini than just steaming it in the microwave. A dab of sriracha and marinara sauce on each slice of zucchini and once again pop them in the oven until they're soft enough to eat. Healthy AND addictive.


Tomorrow is the first day of a new 10-week session of kickboxing at MKG. The owner is adding Sunday classes because I'm not the only one who can't come to the Saturday class. In other good news, I just ate some baked chicken breast to avoid eating any biscocho cookies, which I believe are dairy. (But if they're not dairy, don't tell me!) I also get weighed tomorrow, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I generally cut Brussel sprouts in half and then season. Or you can chop them up really finely like you would with cabbage to make coleslaw then cook normally just for something a little different.

    ReplyDelete